Create New Account
Wiley X (Topace Pty Ltd) takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We respect the rights of individuals to determine who they give their personal information to, and how it is used. We are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation, such as the Spam Act, the Do Not Call Register Act, and health privacy legislation.
What Information We Collect and How We Collect It?
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
fo example, if you:
- Make an online purchase, we may collect your credit card, identity and transaction details.
- Pre-order goods or services, put goods on hold, leave goods for repair or, we may collect your name and contact details
- Provide details to join special mailing lists or databases if you’d like to receive information about, for example, our products or special offers, we may collect your name, contact details, date of birth
- Provide information via social media such as providing your name or contact details via social media sites
- Enter a competition or complete a survey, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details along with your merchandise or services preferences and feedback
- Send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback through our online form, or email, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
Why We Collect Personal Information?
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- Processing transactions online, and delivering products and services
- To provide any associated loyalty program
- Promoting our products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- Performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes
- Helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- Answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- General planning and administration
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
Who We May Share Your Personal Information With?
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- Financial institutions for payment processing
- Delivery and shipping providers
- Information technology service providers
- Professional advisors including accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws
Cross Border Disclosure
Although we do not ordinarily disclose personal information with overseas recipients, some of our service providers may provide services to us entirely or partly from overseas locations. We may disclose personal information to these providers in order to receive those services.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. This includes any information that we disclose overseas.
Where data is held overseas, we require third parties to store such data in restricted access premises and provide appropriate protection against unauthorised disclosure. As a minimum security requirement, password authentication is required to access those databases in all cases. We also use fire walls, SSL technology and encryption for transmission of data where appropriate.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy, delete or de-identify it in a secure manner.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system may automatically send you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet and shopping service for our customers.
Email Subscription Lists
We currently have an electronic Direct Marketing (eDM) email list which provides marketing offers to subscribers. If you elect to subscribe to our eDM, these services will be provided to you to communicate product information, special events and offers. Our email subscription list is an ‘opt in’ system. You may unsubscribe easily by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears in all of our marketing communications to you.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent. For more information on the Spam Act 2003, please visit www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2013C00021.
Queries Complaints Access and Correction
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us and to request its correction. If you wish do to do so please use the contact details below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make provide your complaint in writing to the address below. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Queries, complaints, requests for access to or correction of personal information can be sent to email@example.com.